Thursday, April 4, 2013

My first nails of spring!

Sometimes I feel like spring will never come to Canada. It usually feels like it is skipped over and we jump right from winter to summer. On April 1st it snowed and crushed all of my pastel-filled spring dreams. I decided that some spring nails would help will spring into existence (and it kind of worked!).


To say I love them is an understatement. I am personally obsessed with the ring-finger accent nail. So much so that a co-worker found a sample of the Sally Hansen Salon Effect Nail Strips in "Animal Instinct" in a magazine and automatically thought of me. With just two stickers in the sample, it was perfect for a little accent nail magic. I've used the Sally Hansen nail strips before and I love them. They are slightly pricey for one use, but they do last a very long time on the nail and are fool-proof to apply. 

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon the new L'Oreal nail polish collection for spring and this light, dusty blue ("Now You Sea Me") caught my eye. I have an excessive collection of nail polishes, but nothing like this unique baby blue. This helped me justify the purchase nicely.


I don't own many L'Oreal nail polishes, but I find that they have some gorgeous and very chic colours in their line. The consistency itself is a little thicker than I am used to, but in no way clumpy or too difficult to use. I just fear for its future when it thickens. Luckily, as a nail polish hoarder, I have nail polish thinner (by Orly) that will save this baby. 

Today it feels more like spring, but I still wait with bated breath for spring to spring in the Toronto area. I want to wear pastel nails every day! And, of course, have an excuse to buy new spring coloured polish that I don't need!



No comments:

Post a Comment