Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Shopping!

I know, I have a problem. I am a shoppaholic. Admitting it is the first step, right?

This weekend was super humid and being outside didn't feel comfortable or enjoyable. So I turned to my favourite indoor activity: shopping. Me and the hubby also caught a flick and for once the movie theatre wasn't unbearably cold (seriously movie theatre's lay off the air conditioning!). I did pretty well, sticking to buying only what I needed. Even when that beautiful YSL Rouge Volupte Shine looked my way. I practiced self control and continued on.


First I ventured into Target because I have only been twice since they have opened across most of Ontario. I needed shorts and saw that these Merona Chino Shorts were on sale in their flyer for $15. I wanted to get them in this cute bright yellow colour but they were out of my size so I opted for this kelly green shade, called Mangrove Green. I love coloured bottoms especially since I own too many black tops. These shorts are perfect because they fit, they don't ride up and they are a decent length. I find it difficult to find a happy medium between bermuda shorts, which I find too long, and booty shorts, which are too short for a girl with a booty. These are the perfect length. I am probably going to end up purchasing these in multiple colours (I need you Vibrant Yellow!). And the shorts only ended up being $13.99, so score! 

I also picked up the Calgon Ageless Bath Exfoliating Mineral Scrub and Soak. I needed a new exfoliator and StaceyBrennen recommended this in her latest favourites video so I figured I'd give it a try and it was only $6.99. I, of course, ventured into the beauty department where the NYX and Sonia Kashuk displays were completely bare. I am not exaggerating. Over half of both displays were empty, so that was a bummer. Needing my makeup fix, I ventured into Sephora. I needed a new Clarisonic brush head. I find that the hotter weather makes me want to change my brush heads more frequently. I think the humidity makes it more difficult for the brush to dry properly and makes it more susceptible to that mildew smell. I decided to get the delicate brush and will probably opt for the sensitive skin one in the colder months when my dry skin gets flakier  for a heavier exfoliation. I resisted the urge to buy a YSL Rouge Volupte Shine (Corail In Touch) that I have had my eye on for months. And the sale's girl gave me a sample of the Marchesa Parfum D'Extase which is always a win. I love samples!


I had run out of my Lush bath products and decided to stock up. My goal is to try all of the bath bombs and bubble bars before repurchasing anything I've tried before. I like to cut my bath bombs and bubble bars and they generally last me 2-4 uses each depending on the size. The left row is bubble bars. I picked up Ma Bar Bubble Bar (top) which has a brown sugar cube in the center and smells like chocolate (!!) and the Karma Bubble Bar which has a spicy scent. The right row is bath bombs. I picked up the Enchanter bath bomb which I am hoping turns my bath orange (because colourful baths are more fun, right?!) and Butterball. I have dry skin so I have been dying to try this bath bomb. I don't take baths all too often so these will last me a couple months for sure.


Finally, Superstore was having a no tax event this weekend and I needed mascara, so it worked out perfectly. I haven't used L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black in a couple years but I know that I loved it. Now that I am utterly obsessed with waterproof mascara I know that I am going to love it even more because it will be voluminous, it won't smudge and my lashes will stay curled. Magical. Can't wait to rediscover my love. I have also heard rave reviews about the new Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. I have used the original Grow Luscious and loved it. After seeing this review by FleurDeForce I couldn't pass up trying this mascara, again, in waterproof! Everything is just better in waterproof. Then, I saw these Revlon 3D Jewel Appliques in the shade Florale Fatale. They must have been part of a limited edition collection because they were the only set left and they were half price! I cannot pass up a good deal. The design is a mix of a hot pink and lilac floral design, with what looks like shattered silver glass. So feminine and edgy at the same time. Right up my alley. I love the Sally Hansen Nail Strips and hopefully these will work just as well.

Did you guys do a little splurging this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment