Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Beauty Buys | Summer 2015 [& mini reviews]

New beauty releases are my kryptonite. I went to the mall the other days to get my eyebrows done (if you didn't read my last post, I am obsessed with the Benefit Brow Bar at Square One. Hi Lacey!). Of course, I couldn't leave the mall empty handed! I picked up a few new releases, as well as a few things that I have been dying to try.
I love trying out new foundation. It is one of my favourite beauty items (Okay, maybe they're all my favourites!). The only Mac foundation that has ever worked for me is Face and Body, but as soon as I heard about the Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation, I needed it. It sounded too good to be true but I am actually really enjoying this one. I have been testing it out for a few days and it is working pretty well. I am an NW20, which is usually too warm-toned and too dark, but this is a perfect match for my skin. I also picked up the Covergirl Stay Luminous Foundation. I had heard great things about the Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation but it also seemed more catered to oily skin girls. Earlier this month, they released the Stay Luminous Foundation and luminous is my favourite word when it comes to foundation. Glowy skin is my goal on a daily basis so I was very excited to try it out! As you can see from the image below the lighest colour is actually too light for me! I will be exchanging this for a darker colour and hope that it works. If you are a pale princess, this comes light enough but the shade range is a little lacking. Here is hoping that the next-darkest shade isn't too dark.
Bourjois Cream Blush 04 | Bourjois Bronzing Primer | Covergirl Stay Luminous | Mac Pro Longwear NW20
I hit up Shoppers Drugmart and somehow found myself hovering over the Bourjois counter. I have heard great things about the line but haven't tried anything. Instead of grabbing another foundation I have been dying to try, the Healthy Mix Serum, I reached for the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. Everyone compares it to the Chanel Tan De Chanel, which I just cannot bear to break the bank for. Honestly, it is very orange-toned and a little bit difficult to build up and apply. I think I am going to return it. It is not my cup of tea. I also picked up a Bourjois Cream Blush 04 which is a nice rosey-toned neutral. Again, this is okay but it didn't really blow me away. I have always heard great things about Bourjois, but these products didn't really blow my socks off for the price. They will both most likely be returned.

While out, I also picked up some Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes. I have a gym in my new building and am trying to get my sweat on on a regular basis. I always go to the gym after work and have to remove my makeup before I work out. Working out with makeup on is my worst nightmare. Hopefully these don't irritate my skin. Since the point of this trip was heading to Sephora to get my brows done, I decided to cash in some of my Beauty Insider points. I never use them because usually nothing really grabs my attention. But this time I picked up a deluxe sample of the Fresh Rose Face Mask which I cannot wait to try.Fresh is a brand I hear great things about that is very pricey. Here's hoping I don't love it too much!

And last but not least I  have been obsessing over the faux septum ring trend. I have wanted a septum piercing since high school, but I opted for the lip ring instead. Since faux septum rings are so in style right now I picked once up at Icing (a Claire's store) and am obsessing over it. They are pretty girly and I think I will be ordering a few more online because it is my new favourite accessory.

What have you guys picked up lately that I need to get my hands on? I can tell you I am already impatiently awaiting the release of the new shades of the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid lipsticks and the new Urban Decay Smokey Naked palette. Might need to hit up Sephora when they are released.

No comments:

Post a Comment