Sunday, May 26, 2013

How I Glow Like J Lo

Spring has been a bit of a let down here in the Toronto area. There have been a few warm days, but it has been mostly cool and rainy lately. Combine that with the fact that my skin is recovering from having a meltdown for most of May means that I have needed a little extra coverage in these uncertain times. These products have been my saviors for the past few weeks. They give me the coverage I need, while letting my glowing skin show through and not looking cakey. This is basically everything I need in a makeup routine. 


I picked up the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (in Rose Ivory) approximately 2 years ago and this little bottle is still going strong. I obviously don't use this foundation every day, but when I feel like I need full coverage or something that is going to last me all day, I pick this baby.  This has been one of the best foundations I have tried. I spread it on with my fingers and it covers like magic leaving your skin looking natural, like skin. I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. In the spring months I tend to want my skin to have that glow from within look. To get that look, I have been applying Mac Strobe Cream all over my face under my Laura Mercier foundation. It acts as a base and makes me look radiant. These two are a beautiful combination. The Strobe Cream knocks down a little bit of the heaviness of the Lauara Mercier and makes me look fresh and natural for every day.


Eyeshadow just feels like a hassle in the spring and summer months. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Either way, I am obsessed with my Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP (old packaging). It is the most beautiful pink-toned champagne colour for an all-over-the-lid wash of colour. It brightens your eyes, takes 5 seconds to apply and looks effortless. This is the perfect every day colour for us cool-toned girls. I can't get enough glow. To up the amp, I have been using a Benefit Watt's Up highlighter sample that I received from Sephora. I use my fingers to dot this along my cheekbones, above my eyebrow and on my cupids bow. This highlighter will last me forever and is super easy to apply. The full-sized product comes with a blending sponge on the end. I personally love blending this with my fingers. It is super easy and looks like a natural glow in the skin.

Mac Strobe Cream (swatched & then blended in) / Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Rose Ivory)

None of my swatches seem to do Strobe Cream any justice. It is a super iridescent cream that has a blue-toned pink undertone to it. It looks fantastic on the skin. You can use it as a highlighter and apply it directly to the cheekbones for a very natural glow, you can mix it with your foundation to dilute it a bit and make it more dewy, or you can do like I did and apply it directly to your skin before foundation to give that glow from within. If you want to glow like J Lo, this is what you need in your makeup arsenal. Go to a Mac Pro store and swatch this if you don't believe me.

 Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow RSVP / Benefit Watt's Up (swatched & blended out)

In these swatches you can see that RSVP and Watt's Up look very similar. If you are warm-toned you could probably wear Watt's Up as an all-over the lid wash of colour. Blended out this colour definitely works for all skin tones and looks very natural as a highlighter. I had forgotten how much I love cream highlighters and this one is super easy to use. RSVP is probably one of my favourite eyeshadow colours. It is my perfect lid colour and reminds me a bit of Sin from Urban Decay in cream form. This little pot has a pretty big dent in it but it will still last me for a long, long time. But this is one of those products that I know I will repurchase over and over again.


This has been the perfect foundation routine for spring. It leaves my skin looking fresh and super natural but gives me the coverage to hide any imperfection (which is a lot this month). I'm obsessed with this look. It makes it look like my skin is glowing. I feel like J Lo. And who doesn't wanna glow like J Lo?

Products Used:
Face:
Mac Strobe Cream
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Rose Ivory
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
Mac Studio Finish Concealer NW15
Mac MSF Natural in Light Plus
Benefit Watt's Up
Joe Fresh Cream Blush in Flushed

Eyes:
Mac Painterly Paintpot
Benefit Creasless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP
Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof
L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof
Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeliner in Nude
Mac Omega Eyeshadow for Brows

Lips:
Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment