Friday, August 16, 2013

Vintage Annabelle Kohl Eyeliners

My first makeup item was an Annabelle Kohl Eyelliner in Black. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup before highschool so I stole this gem from my mothers makeup collection when I was 12 years old. I would sneak it in my backpack and smudge it along my lower lash line every morning when I got to school and wipe it off before my mom got home every night. And so my obsession with black eyeliner was formed.

I was digging through my moms makeup stash the other day, as one does, and found a ridiculously large collection of vintage Annabelle Kohl Eyeliners. It is quite clear where my obsession with their eyeliner comes from. It runs in the family. And it doesn't hurt that their eyeliners are creamy, smooth, don't tug at your eye and last all day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the vintage liners my mom has, and which one I stole for my own collection!

As you can see these pencils have been through a lot. I'm not sure if the cream packaging or the silver packaging is older but they all work just as well as the day they were made. Annabelle is one of the best and most inexpensive eyeliners on the market. I have been so enamered with the Smudgeliners, which come with a smudger tip on the end, that I forgot how much I love their original formula. They come in a ridiculously large collection of 32 colours. It's impossible not to find the perfect colour for your collection. Their collection also still includes all of these vintage colours, with the exception of Mauve, which has poor colour payoff anyways so it's probably for the better.

Annabelle Kohl Liner Swatches: Blue Grey, Black, Charcoal, Chestnut, Mauve & Cool Water

What this little stash raid made me remember was how many unique shades Annabelle has in their collection. Most drugstore brands don't have this large a variety in their eyeliner selection. And they definitely don't have such unique colours. The two that stood out to me here were Charcoal and Blue Grey. These two shades are gorgeous and so unique. I have since stolen Charcoal from my mother and have been obsessing over it. It is a softer eyeliner colour than black and looks gorgeous smudged along the lash line.

I also noticed that Annabelle has a Taupe Kohl eyeliner that I just might need to get my hands on very soon. I am a sucker for all things taupe. If you're in need of, or just love, inexpensive pigmented eyeliners you need to check out Annabelle. They are available in drugstores across Canada, or you can order them online. They ship to Canada and the USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment