Tuesday, November 5, 2013

IMATS Toronto Wishlist! [2013]

IMATS is less than a week away and I couldn't be more excited! If you don't know, IMATS (the International Makeup Artist Tradeshow) is basically a giant makeup sale that has larger brands, indy brands and everything inbetween. They also have student makeup competitions, guest speakers and demonstrations from makeup artists (like Eve Pearl!). This will be my first year attending and I have been planning for it since January. I am stoked to finally be able to participate in the madness that is IMATS. Of course, I am setting a budget for myself which means that I am making a list. From what I've read, you have to hit up the bigger brands first and know what you want. Because of the mass amounts of people, getting in to swatch products is going to be tricky. I've been to Sephora and chosen the things that I really want to make sure that I get them first before they sell out.

The three largest brands that will be at IMATS Toronto are MAC Cosmetics, Nars Cosmetics and Makeup Forever. These are the brands that I have made a strict list for, a long with a few select other pieces I've decided that I need. Be warned: my list is probably too long and too expensive. I have a problem and I have acknowledged it. I just don't know how to deal with it. So I will probably go crazy and spend too much money. I find that in these types of environments, you go crazy the first time that you attend and then reign yourself in a little when you go a second time. Some brands will have 20% or 40% off (like Mac and MUFE) and some will have no deal (like Nars). But there is no tax at IMATS and you have to take into consideration that some brands are only available online so you are saving the shipping and potential duties cost. So, here's the list:


1. Makeup Forever HD Foundation (#115): This foundation is famous in the makeup world and I have never tried it before. Since MUFE is 40% off at IMATS I won't be able to resist. I haven't tried anything from Makeup Forever before so I will definitely be using this sale as a chance to try out a lot of new products.

2. Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer (Pink Porcelain): I have heard that this concealer is the best thing since sliced bread. I need something hardcore like this to cover blemishes. This tube will also last me forever.

3. Makeup Forever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara: I am obsessed with waterproof mascara and have heard rave reviews about the regular smoky lash. I have been wanting to try a high end waterpoof mascara. Lets hope this isn't impossible to take off.

4. Makeup Forever Matte Eyeshadows: Purple #92 is an infamous colour and as a purple addict I cannot wait to add it to my collection. I have also been eying #160 (deep plum), #159 (bright cobalt blue) and #60 (navy blue).

5. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Light Plus): This is a holy grail item that I will continue to repurchase for the foreseeable future so this is just a backup.

6. Mac Face and Body (N1): I bought this foundation a couple summers ago and absolutely loved it. I have been wanting to repurchase it lately. Love the dewy, natural look it gives to the skin.

7. Nars Madly or Lovejoy Blush: I want to pick up a Nars blush but cannot decide between these two. Fellow pale ladies, help a girl out! I own the Danmari blush palette from a couple years ago with Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Sin and Desire. I probably use Sin the most.

8. Mac Painterly Paint Pot: Not sure if they will have this (have heard they only have pro products) but this is my holy grail eyeshadow primer and I am running out of the pot I have.

9. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla): I am obsessed with this concealer. It hides my under eye bags perfectly and conceals spots just as well. I am over half-way done my current tube, so I want to get another one while I can get no tax.

10. Nars Sheer Glow (Mont Blanc): I was obsessed with this foundation a few years ago. It has the most beautiful finish and coverage. It is going to keep my skin looking healthy and flawless all winter long.



11.  OCC Lip Tars: I love Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars. I love how you can mix them to make your own colours and how crazy pigmented they are. I haven't completely decided which colours I want but I have been lusting over Black Dahlia, Hoochie, Strumpet, Vintage and Lydia. I am horrible at making decisions. I kind of want them all. But I've heard they used to be $10 at IMATS and that the price was going up, so we will see what they end up being priced at this year.

12. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate: I have heard rave reviews about this moisturizer. Apparently it is the perfect thing to put on before your makeup to moisturize and prep the skin. My dry skin cannot wait to have this smeared all over it.

13. Z Pallette: I have been wanting a Z Palette for a couple years now. I have decided to de-pot all of my Mac blushes to make them easier to see and save some space in my ever-growing makeup collection. I want to pick up two because I also want to de-pot some of my drugstore single eyeshadows. I never reach for singles and think I will get more use out of them if they are in palette-form.

14. Beauty Blender: I love my beauty blender so much! So, I want another one! Mine will probably last me another year or so but I just think the black beauty blender looks badass. I don't know why, but I love it.

15. Brushes!: IMATS always has a lot of brush vendors: Crown Brush, Royal and Langnickel, Bdellium Tools and Hakuhodo. I want to get a couple from each of these vendors. I am specifically looking for some nice blush brushes that aren't angled contour-style and some fluffly blending brushes for eyeshadow. I can never have too many blending brushes!

That is my crazy list. Let me know what is on your lists for IMATS, or if I am missing anything critical on my list. I am always down for some new makeup suggestions. I am very excited for the experience and to see what other makeup brands I can discover while I am there. If you see me, say hi!


2 comments:

  1. This will be my first year attending IMATS I'm so pumped!!! I read on someones blog that at the London IMATS Nars had 60% off?!?! So that sucks that there is no discount in Toronto, still pumped nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO forgot to mention sephora is having 20% off Thurs-Mon for VIB members. This will make my picking and choosing much more difficult because I will have to figure out which is the better deal all day! lol

    ReplyDelete