Friday, January 3, 2014

Top 13 of 2013: Beauty Favourites!

Since 2013 has come to an end I thought I would do a little round-up and tell you guys about my 13 favourite products of 2013. I will be breaking this up into two posts: my 13 favourite beauty/makeup products of 2013 and my 13 favourite skincare products of 2013! In this post I will outline my 13 top beauty products of the year.



1. Benefit Porefessional: This has been my go-to primer for the year. I love the silky feel, which I wouldn't recommend if you hate silicon primers. But I absolutely love them. It makes your pores almost invisible and a little goes a very long way!

2. Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation: This has been in my beauty arsenal for years and I have finally used up this magical little tube this year. I love this foundation. When my skin is breaking out, I pull this out for the most beautiful full-coverage look that still has a natural skin-like finish. I adore this and will definitely re-purchase this in the future.

3. Marcelle BB Cream: I adore this. It is my favourite summer foundation and the best BB cream that I have ever tried. It has beautiful coverage and isn't too heavy. A must-have for sure.

4. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: This concealer erases my dark circles like none other. It is also great at covering blemishes. This baby hasn't left my purse in months!

5. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: This came to Canada earlier in the year and I immediately fell in love. The colour-range is a little weak, but any dewy foundation automatically has my attention. This has a lovely finish and coverage and it is a great alternative to the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation, which we cannot get in Canada. I posted a review on YouTube, which you can see here.

6. Beauty Blender: This has become my absolutely favourite way to apply foundation. This works best for liquidy foundations and applies it like a dream. It gives foundations a beautiful skin-like finish. I almost can't describe how amazing it is. I posted a review for this on YouTube this year as well.


7. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP: This is my perfect all-over lid colour.  It is a beautiful pinky champagne shade. When I don't know what to wear for eyeshadow, I pop this on and it opens my eyes and just looks fantastic!

8. Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine: I picked this up earlier this year and absolutely adore it. The shade is a little light for me, since I have pigmented lips and like to go with brighter lips. I will definitely pick up another shade of this lip butter. They are super moisturizing and provide a subtle tint to the lip.

9. Benefit Watts Up Highlighter: I recieved this as a sample from Sephora for my birthday and absolutely fell in love. I adore cream highlighters and this provides a beautiful glow to the skin without looking to shimmery.

10. Shu Umera Eyelash Curler: This eyelash curler changed my eyelashes for the better this year. I have poker-straight eyelashes that cannot hold a curl. Nothing has been able to make them look as fluttery and curled as this lovely eyelash curler can. I posted a review earlier this year which you can read here.

11. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner: I find pen-style liquid liners like this the easiest to use. This liner is extremely pigmented and doesn't budge all day. My eyelids are slightly hooded and therefore transfer quite easily. This doesn't happen with this eyeliner and it also does not dry out too quickly.

12. Ben Nye Glam Shadow Palette: This palette was designed by Kandee Johnson and I picked it up from CameraReadyCosmetics.com earlier this year. It is filled with extremely pigmented, all-matte shadows. I am obsessed with matte eyes and this palette has been a go-to for any matte look this entire year. Ben Nye puts out some amazing quality eyeshadows and this palette has the perfect combination of colours and neutrals.

13. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams: The formula of this lip cream is to die for. I am a sucker for matte lips and these NYX lip creams are beautifully matte without being too drying. I find most lipsticks drying on my super-dry lips, but not these. I can't rave enough about this formula. If you are looking for the perfect matte formula, look no furuther!

I feel like I have had a very good beauty year this year. I have discovered loads of new products and I can't wait to discover more in 2014! Playing with new beauty products is one of my favourite things. I will be posting my 13 favourite skincare items from 2013 later this week. Let me know what you're favourite beauty items are from 2013 so I can add them to my wishlist!

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment