Sunday, January 12, 2014

Top 13 of 2013: Skincare!

As a follow-up to my previous post, these are my skincare favourites of 2013! For the past year I have really decided to invest in, and take better care of, my skin. This resulted in me experimenting with so many skin care products this year. These are the bad boys that stood out and really helped change my skin for the better! 

 

1. Clarisonic Mia: I bought this in January 2013 with my Christmas money and I am so glad I took the plunge. The Clarisonic has definitely changed my skin for the better. I had very uneven skin texture with small bumpies around my jaw-line that are now basically gone! I will be doing a yearly review of this sometime soon so I can really share my love. Overall, if you are thinking of getting the Clarisonic, just do it! It's worth every penny and really transforms your skin for the better!

2. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator, Brightening Toner: I picked this up later on in the year and I adore it. Exfoliating toners, specifically this one, became all the rage this year. My dry skin adores anything that will get rid of my little dry patchies and makes my skin feel radiant and beautiful!

3. Mac Cleanse-Off Oil: This has become my holy grail cleansing product. It takes all of my makeup off flawlessly. I exclusively wear waterproof mascara and this removes it like none other. I hate having to scrub at my eyelashes. I don't have very many so I don't want to risk losing those precious babies and with this I don't have to. 

4. Marcelle Cleansing Water: Bioderma is all the rage lately and this is the cheaper and better version of that. This looks like water but works like magic. I use this every morning to cleanse my face and also use it to clean up my waterproof mascara in the mornings. It removes it without any issue. This 500ml bottle costs $14 and is worth every penny!

5. Freemans Face Masks: This year I became obsessed with face masks and I love these ones. I think I tried them all this year in the single packets (which last about 2-3 uses each). My favourites are the Cucumber Peel-Off mask and the Avocado and Oatmeal Clay mask. They really help purge my pores and are super inexpensive at most drugstores.

6. 0.5% Hydrocortisone Cream: I always suffer from dry skin patches on my eyelids in the winter. Last winter was particularly bad and it would not go away. This cream is basically magic. When my eyelids are feeling itchy or dry I pop this on at night and in the morning it is gone. It is a great moisturizer for dry patches. It says not to use it consistently, but I haven't had any issues from it.


7. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream: This is a cult favourite and I know why. It is super moisturizing. I apply this every night on my lips and they feel soft every morning. When my skin is acting up I will apply a clay mask and then apply a layer of this all over my face as a super moisturizing mask and it makes my skin 100x better by morning.

8. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion: I bought this bottle a couple years ago and it is still going strong. There is no SPF but this is a great moisturizer for face and body for anyone that has sensitive skin.

9. Johnson's Baby Oil: In the winter my skin really acts up. To add more moisture to my skincare routine I mix Johnson's Baby Oil in with my moisturizer and it keeps my skin soft and plump all winter long.

10. Garnier Fructise Miracle Dry Oil: I bought this in the summer to use for my hair and I fell in love. In the summer I used this as a moisturizer and it made my skin super soft. When my skin is feeling very dry in the winter I put this on under my moisturizer like a serum for my body and it works wonders. It also makes my hair very silky soft and shiny.

11. Origins Super Spot Remover: This little guy looks tiny but packs a punch! If you apply this on your spots they shrink by morning. I love it.

12. L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum: I used so many serums this year and this one by far stood out. It is an amazing serum at the drugstore and really transformed my skins appearance and texture. 

13. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: As you can tell from this post I am kind of obsessed with moisture. This mask is fantastic and my skin drinks it up when I apply it. It says you can tissue off the excess but my skin sucks it up before I get the chance.

Moisture is clearly my obsession. If you know of any great moisturizing products, or skincare products in general please share them with me. I love trying new things for my skin. Over the past year I have become obsessed with skincare and can't wait to try more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment