Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recent Purchases: Spring 2014

I decided I needed a couple new items for the warm spring weather. Not that it is warm here yet, but a girl can dream. These are the products I decided I absolutely needed for spring. The theme of this post is basically fresh skin and the colour purple. Now that the colour of the season is radiant orchid the colour purple is everywhere! I am obsessed with purple so that is super exciting!

For the last month I have hated every foundation that I have put on my face. I don't know why, but I couldn't get anything to work the way I wanted it to. Too many pores. Too powdery. Doesn't last long enough. I have been very picky. I wanted something that was fresh, no too heavy, but also made me look flawless. Reasonable, right?

I used up the last bits of my Marcelle BB Cream and decided it was exactly what I wanted. It is a light-medium coverage foundation with a gorgeous natural finish. I picked up the 24H Intense Hydration version this time since I haven't tried it before and you all know that I love me some hydrating products. On the same note, I remembered how much I loved Mac Face and Body in the spring and summer months. It is a super-liquidy consistency but the finish is flawless. It looks exactly like skin but is also a nice buildable medium coverage. I haven't tried this version of the Marcelle BB Cream yet because I can't bear to not have Mac Face and Body on my face.

Marcelle BB CreamLight/Medium, Mac Face and Body N1, Benefit Lollitint, Bite Lip Crayon in Grape, Mac Heroine

I also couldn't resist picking up everything purple I could possibly get my hands on. It is the colour of the season after all! I love purple blush and have been wanting to try one of the Benefit stains for a long time. I had been leaning towards Posietint until I saw this colour. Benefit Lollitint is the most perfect pinky-purple and it is a creamier consistency than Posietint.

I also picked up two purple lipsticks (like I needed any more!). I have been eyeing Mac's Heroine lipstick ever since it became a permanent item in their collection. I had some items to Back to Mac so I turned them in for this gorgeous medium-toned, bright, matte purple. It is perfect. It is matte. It is true love between this lipstick and my lips. I find Mac matte lipsticks to be slightly drying, but I love it nonetheless. I also picked up the new Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Grape. It is definitely more of a pinky-purple. If you want to experiment with the radiant orchid theme but are afraid to wear purple, this is the perfect colour for you. It is super wearable and the matte formula is very comfortable on the lips. Bite defintely makes some of the best lip products around.

I am so excited to play with all of this stuff and to wear purple all spring long. What are your must have radiant orchid shades for the season? I need to own everything that is purple, obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment