Sunday, April 6, 2014

L'Oreal Warehouse Sale Spring 2014!

Last Friday not only did I visit the Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale, but I also hit up the L'Oreal Warehouse Sale. It was definitely a day of makeup madness. I shopped 'til I dropped. The L'Oreal Warehouse sale works similar to the Estée Lauder sale. You need a ticket to get in and L'Oreal gives tickets to employees. Again, we got our tickets from a friend of a friend. The difference between the Estée sale and this one is that each ticket is good for you and a friend to go to the sale twice. The sale also goes on for the entire month! The sale is closed every Monday and Tuesday but goes on for the rest of the week for the entire month! We didn't realize it existed or find anyone who had tickets until later in the month so we only went once.  Next time I would love to go at the beginning of the month and again at the end to see if anything new is put out. I just don't know if I can afford to! This was my first time going and I bought soooo much stuff!

This is what the ticket looks like. It also demonstrates just how many brands L'Oreal owns. Once I saw YSL, Vichy, La Roche-Posay and Maybelline on there I almost died! This sale definitely covers a wide variety of the brands on the ticket. Again, we went near the end of the sale so I can only image what they had at the beginning.  Considering that we went at the end of the sale the selection was still amazing. Our cashier even said she hadn't seen some of the items that we had yet meaning that they probably just put them out that day. I just wish I could get access to their actual warehouse. I feel like it would be a dream come true! 
 
The set up of this warehouse sale looks more like a store than a warehouse. It is much classier than the Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale as you can see in my previous post! The lighting is fantastic and there are shelves set up all around the store with products on them.  They even have shopping carts! Obviously L'Oreal understands the struggle of a makeup junkie trying to buy everything at once! Good on ya L'Oreal! 
When products aren't set up on shelves with nicely labelled prices they are put into dumb bins like the ones you see here. This is mostly applicable to makeup. There were sections like this set up for L'Oreal, Maybelline and Lancome makeup products. You could just grab what you wanted and the prices were all clearly labelled on the bins. When it came to drugstore makeup products, the price points were beyond incredible. Almost all of the makeup I got was under $5. 

The only makeup not in dump bins were the foundations and lipsticks. These were out so that you could swatch them and then you told a sales associate behind the counter which shade you wanted and she would hand it to you. As you can see from this picture above L'Oreal lipsticks were $2.50. The Maybelline lipsticks were $2.00. I almost fainted when I saw some of the prices. I even picked up an Infallible Eyeshadow for just $3!! I could not believe it. 

I had such a blast at this sale. I think I may like it more than the Estee Lauder warehouse sale. You just get so much more product for your money! And their perfume brands are far more up my alley; YSL, Diesel and Lancome. Perfection. This is what I ended up getting from the sale:
I surpisingly picked up three perfurme sets: the YSL Manifesto set ($41.50), Diesel Loverdose [that bottle!]($30) and Diesel Only the Brave ($34.75) because it is my husbands favourite! They also had his favourite hair putty/mud for only $3.74 which actually retails for over $20! As you can see I got very excited by these crazy savings and picked up enough for him to last until the next sale. I also got a 400ml bottle of the new Garnier 7-day moisturizer in the honey scent which I forgot to photograph. That giant bottle only cost me $3. I couldn't say no. The only other non-makeup item I picked up was the Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide ($14.50) which is supposed to heat protect and tame my frizzies. I just wanted to try something from Redken. I have heard amazing things about the brand.

Makeup-wise I feel like I made out like a bandit! They had the Maybelline Master Glaze blushes, which I feel like just came out. They were only $7.25 and I've heard great reviews, so I figured why not? The Maybelline Eye Studio Quad in Fall Temptation was so cheap I couldn't justify not buying it ($2.75!). As I said I picked up the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe (who's surprised I bought a taupe? No one, really?) for just $3. I was very excited about the Vichy foundations. I've heard great things about the BB Cream, which was only $14.75 and once I swatched the Aera Teint foundation and saw the finish I couldn't say no. It was just $4.75 and the application very much reminds me of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. I was also super stoked to see so many waterproof mascaras there. The L'Oreal 24H Power Mascara was just $4.75 and the Maybelline Turbo Volume was even cheaper at just $3.75!

Finally, I went nail polish crazy. Essie nail polishes were only $4.95 and on top of that they were buy 5 get 1 free or buy 9 get 3 free. Me and my friend decided to get six each and split the deal. I picked up (from left to right) Cascade Cool, Orange It's Obvious, Recessionista, Mezmerised, Shake your $$ Maker and DJ Play that Song. I love Essie polishes because they have fantastic pigmentation and dry super fast. This deal was too good to pass up.

As you can tell from all of the exclamation marks in this post, I loved this sale. The prices are almost too good to be true and the selection is amazing. I didn't get any, but they also had a great selection of Lancome beauty products. I would definitely recommend this sale if you want to get more bang for your buck. I spent $200 before tax on all of the items you see above. Retail price for all of the items is over $450. I saved over $250! That is almost unbelievable. And that my friends, is how you justify a makeup addiction.



No comments:

Post a Comment