Thursday, May 15, 2014

Recent Purchases: Sonia Kashuk

Every time I have gone to Target Canada since they opened they're doors, the makeup section has been ravaged. Especially the brands only available in Target, ie NYX, Pixi and Sonia Kashuk. I finally went to a Target in a quieter area and got to see an almost fully stocked Sonia Kashuk section. Of course I couldn't leave without picking up a few goodies. Sonia Kashuk is known for her fantastic makeup brushes. I only own one or two so I had to pick up a few more.

I am obsessed with makeup brushes. I picked up three brushes from her Core Collection: No. 121 Synthetic Pointed Foundation Brush, No. 124 Small Duo Fibre Multipurpose Brush and No. 205 Duo Fibre Crease Brush. I have been eyeing the Sigma Sigmax brush that looks just like this pointed foundation brush for blending out concealer. I have used the No. 121 brush every day since I bought it and it is perfect for blending concealer under the eye!

With warmer months around the corner I wanted to pick up a brush that will apply cream blushes like a dream. This No. 124 duo fibre brush is much smaller than the original duo fibre brush and is the perfect size for my tiny face. I find that most duo fibre brushes blend my blush in too large of an area to compliment my face properly. I end up looking more clownish than anything. This is perfect. I also picked up the No. 204 because I love duo fibre brushes and I hope that this will blend my crease colours to perfection.
To go with my cream blush obsession, I picked up this dewy luxe lips and cheek balm. Dewy and luxe? Yes please! With the lid on this looks like a regular cream blush. I thought it would look more like a stick, like the Nars Multiples. I was very shocked when I saw this nail polish-style application, more reminiscent of the Benefit Tints. This is a liquid blush that applies quite easily and can also be used as a lip stain. I have been using the Sonia Kashuk No. 124 duo fibre brush to blend this along my cheeks and I have been loving it. This blush leaves the most beautiful dewy finish. I also find that it is a little easier to work with than the Benefit tints. It doesn't dry quite as quickly as the tints so you do not have to work at the speed of light to blend it in.
Blended out this blush is a perfect coral pop on the cheeks. I am very cool-toned and usually corals look too warm on me. This is very neutral and will definitely look good on most skin tones and will look gorgeous with a tan. I cannot wait to wear this all summer long.

I am really glad I picked up a few Sonia Kashuk items and will be on the lookout for more in the future. They are such high quality products for their price point. I am so glad that they came to Canada and are relatively easy to get your hands on. If your Target does not have a great selection, try another one close by. I find if it is in a less busy area it is stocked much better. What are your favourite Sonia Kashuk products?

No comments:

Post a Comment