Thursday, June 19, 2014

Music Festival Must-Haves

The summer is here and that means it is music festival season! I am heading to Quebec this weekend for Amnesia Rockfest. I am stoked to be seeing Brand New, The Used, Blink 182, Motley Crue and so many more! My angsty teenage self would be so excited! I have bought and cut up my band t-shirts, packed all of my underwear and am counting down the hours until I hit the road. As a beauty junkie, you know a lot of time and energy went into decided what to bring with me. These are my beauty essentials for looking put together while rocking out and sweating your butt off all weekend long.


Sunscreen is critical. I am as white as they come and the sun is not my friend. I love this L'Oreal Dry Touch Sunscreen with SPF 50.  It dries almost instantly once it touches your skin. I am partial to spray canisters of sunscreen. I just find them so much easier to use! After a day of dancing in the sun, I will be going back to the hotel and crashing. Lets be real. I will not be showering this weekend. Don't judge me. Anyone that hasn't read this post will be none the wiser thanks to the Pantene Root Reboot Dry Shampoo. This dry shampoo soaks up oils, adds texture and gives my heavy hair some much-needed volume.

When I'm out in the sun all day the last thing I want is a heavy layer of makeup on my face. I need something light with sheer coverage that will even my skintone and cover my redness. The Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is perfect for this (which, for some reason does not seem to be available on the Sephora website at the moment. Weird). It provides light coverage with the glowy finish I love so much. This combined with my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer are my foundation dream team in the summer. Whatever the tinted moisturizer can't cover up, the concealer takes care of with ease. It is the perfect shade to brighten my under eyes while still covering blemishes and redness around my face flawlessly.


For eyes it is all about waterproof! I will be sweating and dancing and it might rain. The last thing I need is black smudges all under my eyes. I was lucky enough to win the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner on Instagram contest last week. I have used it a few times and absolutely love the finish. It is a gel eyeliner in a pen form with a rubberized, precise tip for ease of application and to hug the lash line. It is waterproof and my favourite feature that it is a super dark, matte black. Matte things make me so happy! It is a little tricky to apply at first but it isn't too hard to get the hang of. And I suck at eyeliner. So I have high hopes for all of you! I posted a first impressions of it here. I also recently picked up the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in waterproof, of course. It has a cone-shaped wand and provides pretty decent volume and lots of length. It doesn't provide too much volume at the root, but since I am pairing it with an eyeliner it will work. Because it is waterproof it stays in place all day and holds my curl quite nicely.

I do not want to be re-applying lipstick all day. I packed my Korres Jasmine Lip Butter. I don't have a lip balm with SPF in my stash (shocking, I know!). At the moment this is my favourite lip balm. It is very moisturizing and adds a tint of colour to the lips. I really want to get a deeper shade, or all of the shades because I love these! Something about winged eyeliner and red lipstick just screams rock n' roll to me! I love this bright, matte lip colour. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are fantastic. They go on like a cream and dry to matte finish but they aren't drying. They are one of the most comfortable matte lip colours I have (and I have a lot). This wont irritate my lips all day and will stay put as well.

Somehow I fit all of my makeup for this trip into one tiny makeup bag. It is basically a miracle. Hopefully, with the help of these products my face will stay put and I will return home sunburn-free. Fingers crossed! What are your go-to sweat-proof/summer-proof makeup products?


No comments:

Post a Comment