Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend Haul; Maybelline, Younique & More

I don't think I can go an entire week without buying something beauty related. I have a problem. My local Legion held a Ladies Night Out last night to raise money to do some renovations. Tickets were $10 and there were a lot of vendors there selling jewelry, nail wraps, scarves, beauty products and more. Of course, I couldn't leave without buying a couple things.
I picked up two scarves from a designer named Danielle Sfara. She had a table full of gorgeous jewelry that was relatively inexpensive and there was chair with scarves that were $10 or 2 for $15. As soon as I saw skull scarves my heart skipped a beat and I picked up these two designs. They are both very reminescent of Alexander McQueen designs and I love them. They are very long rectangular scarves and were such a bargain. Her company is actually called Sfara Wedding Culture and she specializes in wedding jewelry and custom garters. She was such a pleasure to deal with and her designs were gorgeous. Her showroom is by appointment only but if you send her an e-mail I'm sure she has some events coming up soon. I am definitely going to keep her in mind when we are choosing jewelry for my cousins wedding early next year.
 A close up of the full design of the grey scarf. I love the girly meets rocker vibe. 
I also stumbled upon a table of Younique products. Ashley, the vendor at the booth, asked me if I had heard of the 3D Fibre Lashes and I almost died. I have seen so many reviews of this recently and really wanted it. Paying for shipping and waiting for it to be shipped are the bane of my existence so I decided to pass. Once I saw it in person I knew I needed it. It was $40, which Ashley explained basically saves you the shipping costs and the pain of waiting for it to be delivered. I bit the bullet and decided that my sad lashes needed it. I am definitely going to post a review once I have had a chance to try this. It is not a mascara. There is a transplanting gel and that helps the fibres stick to your lashes. You have to use a mascara with it. I can't wait to finally know what it feels like to have sky-high lashes. Fingers crossed!

This morning I went to Shoppers Drugmart because I needed to pick up a few things and they sent me a coupon that was spend $40 and get 15X the points. I feel like I only shop at Shoppers when I can get extra points. I am hoarding them for a save your points event. I knew the new Maybelline Leather Collection Colour Tattoos were out and I had heard people had only seen them at Shoppers (I have also heard that they are permanent. Yay!) There are five in the collection and I decided to pick up two. I really wanted to get Dramatic Black as well, which is a gorgeous matte black but I have so many gel liners and pencil liners that I can use as a black base that I figured it wasn't worth it. I decided to pick up Creamy Beige and Vintage Plum.
Vintage Plum and Cream Beige swatched with one swipe and then layered.
I am obsessed with the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. Before today I owned 9 of them (I now have 11). They are my favourite cream eyeshadows along with the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows and they are a fraction of the price. I find that they still crease on me slightly because I have hooded lids and everything creases on me. But I don't mind wearing my Mac Painterly Paint Pot as a base. Vintage Plum is slightly patchy but Creamy Beige goes on beautifully. Both of these have a matte finish that is a slight mix between a matte and a satin. I think that they are less matte than the previous mattes. I find that Tough as Taupe is slightly dry but these are super creamy. They both also have very cool undertones and almost lean grey on my cool-toned skin. I am so excited to use them. 

I also picked up the Yes To Carrots Nourishing makeup wipes. I have been using makeup wipes lately because I have been going to the gym after work. I like to remove my makeup before I work out and this is the easiest way to do that. I don't know how any girl works out with makeup on but I can just feel my pores clogging if I do. I like the wipe containers with these plastic closures because I find that they don't dry out as quickly and are easy to store in my gym bag. Looks like I am going to have to get up extra early tomorrow so that I can play with all my new makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment