Thursday, July 10, 2014

Skin Food; Body Care Favourites

I am one of those people that always ignores my body when it comes to my beauty obsession. I apply every lotion, potion and moisturizer to my face. My body is lucky if it gets moisturizer applied once a week. Lately, I have been trying to turn this around and these are the products that I have been loving to pamper my bod with.

Who doesn't even think about shaving their legs in the winter? Raise your hands. No judgement here. I am that person. My husband doesn't appreciate it, but in the winter I need the extra warmth and I am lazy. Unless I am planning on wearing a dress, these little legs go hairy. Because I am so lazy I used to use the Schick Intuition Razor. It has a moisturizing bar around the razor so that you don't have to use a shaving cream. Score. One less step. But, when you are a hairy beast it is very difficult to shave because the hair can kind of get stuck in the razor. I know, I am seriously over sharing right now. We're that close though, right guys? Anywho, I tried one of my disposable Venus razors a month or so ago and realized how much easier they were for those of us who are lazy in the shaving department. There was no where for my long hairs to get stuck in so it didn't ruin the razor. I decided to buy the Venus Embrace Razor and I haven't looked back. I love it and don't even mind the extra step of using shaving cream since I found the EOS Shaving Cream in Vanilla Bliss. This is literally a cream. It kind of blew my mind. It does not lather, it is an actual lotion/cream consistency that you smooth on to wet skin and it really helps your razor glide against your skin and protect against razor burn. My legs have never been smoother.

I have pretty dry skin and I am obsessed with exfoliating my body. I love a nice rough exfoliant for my body and this Be Delectable by Cake Beauty Body Polish is fantastic. The smell of this coconut and cream version is to die for. This body polish also lathers up while you exfoliate. I think that you could use this is an exfoliant and body wash all in one. I personally always still use a body wash after this product, but you probably don't have to. This makes my skin super soft and exfoliates very well. My favourite body wash to use after I exfoliate is the Lush It's Raining Men shower gel. This is the most divine body wash. It smells completely like honey and is a thick texture almost very honey-like. It feels very moisturizing on the skin and the smell is to die for. It also lathers very well. I find that some body products can suck at lathering. But with this a little goes a long way and the lather is lovely.

Now that I have started to care about and pamper my body I can see a huge different. I can't make any promises that I won't fall off the wagon and start to neglect my skin again, but I am going to try and stick to actually taking care of this vessel.


No comments:

Post a Comment