Thursday, August 28, 2014

Is Urban Decay's Mrs. Mia Wallace the perfect red? [review]

"That's when you know you've found somebody really special, when you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share a silence." - Mrs. Mia Wallace

I am a huge Quentin Tarantino fan. Pulp Fiction is probably my favourite Tarantino movie, next to Death Proof. When I saw that Urban Decay was releasing a Pulp Fiction-themed makeup line, I was stoked. Nothing really jumped out at me as being super unique, except for this lipstick in Mrs. Mia Wallace. Mia Wallace is Uma Thurman's character in the movie, who is just the bee's knees. This lipstick is described as a deep blood red and I absolutely love it. The original Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks come in a gunmetal grey casing, but for this collection the packaging is metallic black. I am indifferent either way. I own one of the Revolution lipsticks and they are a creamy and non-drying formula that I am a big fan of. I honestly, don't wear them enough because I don't love the colour that I picked up (Revolution, a muted greyish purple-toned nude pink).
I have an obsession with red lips. Nothing makes a statement better than a red lip. Because of this I own a ridiculous amount of red lipsticks. Finding the perfect red is a long road, and once you get there you have a lot to show for it. I have cool-toned reds, warm-toned reds, brick reds, deep reds, bright reds and every other type of red lipstick that you could imagine. For fall, I think that a deep blood red like this lipstick is the perfect shade. This is a slightly cool-toned red lipstick that really is a true deep blood red colour. It is perfect. I wanted to know if I had something similar in my collection so I swatched every red I owned that looked similar to this and narrowed it down to the four deep blood reds that came closest.
Apparently I own a lot of deep blood red shades. These five came the closest to Mrs. Mia Wallace. Mrs. Mia Wallace is more of satin-finish lipstick, while a few of these are actually matte (matte is kind of my obsession when it comes to lipstick). Bite Beauty's Cashmere lip cream in Port is the closest to Mrs. Mia Wallace. It is be slightly darker and is a matte finish. I absolutely love this colour for fall. Both OCC NSFW and Revlon Colourstay Matte Balm in Standout are slightly lighter and pinker. They are more true pin-up reds. OCC NSFW is a satin-finish and must be applied with a brush, whereas Revlon Standout is a matte finish. Nars Cruella is also a little bit more neutral than Mrs. Mia Wallace and has a matte finish. I can't quite put my finger on what makes them different, but it's just not a blood red as much as Mrs. Mia Wallace, but it is still one of my favourites.
Urban Decay Mrs. Mia Wallace | OCC NSFW | Bite Cashmere Lip Cream Port | Revlon Standout | Nars Cruella
I am honestly in love with Mrs. Mia Wallace. It is an iconic shade that I think every girl needs in her beauty arsenal for fall. I also adore the formula of these lipsticks. If you have dry lips this formula will not dry out your lips at all. It is very creamy. If you are more of a matte lipstick lover, the Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Port is very similar. I will be wearing this a lot this fall. Also, please do not judge my ridiculous lipstick collection! What are your favourite red lips for fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment