Monday, December 22, 2014

Inglot HD Perfect Coverup Foundation Event & Mini-Review

I was in Toronto for IMATS last month and my friends and I decided to hit up the new Inglot store right after. They recently opened a location at Yonge and Dundas square in Toronto and I have been dying to visit. I have heard nothing but raves about Inglot online for the last few years, but I have never had the chance to see it in person. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Their store is absolutely beautiful. They have a wall of nail polishes and lipsticks and all of their pan products (blushes, powders, eyeshadows, etc.) are laid out across tables. It's magical.
My first Inglot Haul
I ended up making a freedom-system eyeshadow palette with 10 eyeshadows. They actually have magnetic clipboards that you make the palette on. You pick up the clipboard and then walk along, picking up eyeshadow pans and magnetizing them to the board. I love this because you can actually see what your palette will end up looking like. The eyeshadows are $10 each with 2.3g of product and the palette itself is $18. I also ended up picking the most perfect cool-toned contour shade (#504) and a matte lip pencil. While I was there, I mentioned my blog and they were gracious enough to invite me back for an event they were hosting to unveil their new HD Foundation.
Inglot HD Perfect Coverup Foundation
Last Sunday I went to this event with a friend and some fellow bloggers. Asha, their store manager and a contour-expert, hosted the event and gave us a live demonstration of the new HD Perfect Coverup foundation. She applied the foundation with their cosmetic sponge (hello Beauty Blender dupe, even in appearance!) and with a kabuki brush, to demonstrate how it can look glowy with the sponge and matte with the kabuki. I love this because it makes it suitable for all skin-types and for all personal preferences. Personally, I am all about dewy foundation. The foundation is available in 8 shades and is said to be colour-adjusting so that it will match all skin-tones.
Asha, teaching us all how to contour
Asha also demonstrated contouring with the foundation. She grabbed the darkest shade and contoured with the sponge, which looked so natural on the model. I am still a contour-newbie but I loved the way it looked. A few of us mentioned our fear of contouring so Asha showed us her trick and we all couldn't resist taking a few pics (above). Take your opposite arm from the side you are contouring and place your thumb on your nostril and your first finger in your ear. This will show you where your contour should be. Such a good trick, even if you end up looking a little ridiculous.
They were gracious enough to colour-match us all and give us a sample of the foundation to take home. They also sent us home with these cute lip-duos that are not for sale. They told us that only 50 were manufactured and they were only given to the most important women, like president's wives. It was very generous of them. The lip duo is red in the bottom and a shimmery clear shade on top, to look like the Polish flag (Inglot if from Poland). The red is a gorgeous warm-toned red and the other side is a beautiful sheer glittery shade. They go on easy and feel very smooth and moisturizing on the lips. Such a cute idea.
Asha colour-matching me - I'm #71, also known as the lightest shade
I have been testing the foundation out for the past week and I have to admit it is fantastic. The sample has lasted me four applications and I think I can maybe squeeze in one more. It blurs imperfections and blends into the skin beautifully. In the photo below it is swatched between Inglot AMC Cream Foundation in LC100 (left) and Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc (right). Somehow, all of these foundation shades match me very well yet look extremely different swatched on the skin. The HD Foundation looks to be the darkest, but I'm not sure if it is the colour-adjusting or that it just lightens when blended, but it matches me perfectly once I blend it out.
Inglot AMC Cream Foundation LC100 | Inglot HD Foundation #71 | Nars Sheer Glow - Mont Blanc
I have used multiple methods to apply the foundation and although I love a dewy complexion I find that using a flat-top kabuki brush is my favourite (specifically my Sigma F80). It blurs imperfections and provides a pretty flawless coverage. The foundation has more of a skin-like satin finish than anything else regardless of how you apply it. I think the Beauty Blender just gives a lighter coverage. With this foundation I prefer the heavier coverage. It is buildable where I need it to be but never looks cakey. I mixed it with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone today and love the way it looks. This foundation lasts about 5-6 hours on me before I notice some fading and it settling slightly into my pores. But to its credit, this happens to me with even the best of foundations (I'm looking at you Nars Sheer Glow). If I wear my Smashbox Photo Finish primer under this foundation still looks flawless after 7-9 hours. I am in love. 
Me wearing Inglot HD Foundation #71

Since this is Canada and in the winter months we basically don't have sun until 8am, I wasn't able to take a shot of my freshly applied foundation in sunlight. This is in my work bathroom but I think it still demonstrates how well the foundation looks. When I first apply it I think it looks okay, but once  the foundation sets and I add the rest of my face I am left looking flawless. I believe Asha said the foundation retails for $52CAN, which is pretty comparable to the HD foundation market at Sephora. I tried MUFE HD last year and hated it. This is remarkably better. I am definitely putting this on my makeup wishlis for 2015

The biggest news of the night, I would say, is that they announced they will be launching an online store (I'm jumping up and down with excitement!). There are no dates as of yet but I am already waiting with bated breath. I cannot wait to be able to order Inglot from the comfort of my bed. I am already mentally making a list of all of the things that will quickly be added to my cart. They have a dry-skin toner that Asha hyped as basically being out of this world that I need to get my hands on!

If you haven't been to the store and you are in the GYA  it is something that you need to experience. It is a magical place with colour everywhere. Do me a favour and go and swatch all the things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment