Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Drugstore Favourites [2015]

I have been a bad blogger. My life has been a whirlwind lately. Long story short, my husband and I bought a condo and I am the Maid of Honour in my cousin's wedding. Both of these things are coming to a head in April which has made February and March increasingly busy. I will be sharing bits and pieces once we get our condo and start decorating. My mind is racing and my pinterest boards are filling quickly. I also hope to share a sneak peak at my cousin's Bridal Shower and her make-up on the day of the wedding. We are heading off to Costa Rica on April 18th and I will be the make-up artist for my cousin on her big day (exciting and terrifying!).

I digress, that is not what this post is about. I am trying to get myself into more of a schedule and write more blog posts but they will most likely be pretty scattered until I can settle into my new place in May. Bear with me.
Since the weather is finally warming up here in Toronto, I have been gravitating to some new products for my spring routine. I picked up the new Maybelline Master Prime Blur and Illuminate Primer as soon as I saw it in stores. If you know anything about me, it is that I must buy anything that says illuminating. I love the squeeze tube packaging. It is super easy to use and you can get every last drop out of it once it's nearing its end. It reminds me of the MAC Strobe Cream, but at a fraction of the price. I don't know if it really makes my makeup last too much longer, but the glow definitely shows through your foundation and makes you look like you actually slept, even if you didn't!

My skin has been  breaking out like crazy lately and to cover this up I have been reaching for my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 100 Ivory. The lighest colour is a little dark for  me so if you are any lighter than I am, this may not work for you, but I find that it blends in fine and with a little bronzer you can't tell. This foundation is super glowy (it does have micro-glitter particles but I do not find them noticeable in person if you aren't looking for it). It also provides great coverage and is very buildable. I have been applying two layers of this to my face and it doesn't look cakey at all. It provides great coverage but still leaves my skin looking fresh. I have a review and demo on YouTube if you want to see how amazing this is. I apply it with my Beauty Blender (the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is a fantastic drugstore dupe) which helps to keep the foundation looking natural but still cover all my spots. I honestly forgot how much I loved this foundation! Definitely one of my top three favourite drugstore foundations.
Maybelline Primer, Rimmel Wake Me Up, Annabelle Bronzer swirled together & the darkest shade, NYX Eyebrow Gel
I am a pale princess and I generally stay away from bronzer for fear of looking like Snooki. But I constantly hear great things about Annabelle bronzers. Stacey Brennan recently raved about the Annabelle Zebra Biggy Bronzer Matte and I had to have it! It has warm and cool tones in it which allows you to swirl it together for a nice neutral glow or to use a smaller brush with the cooler tones to contour. I am obsessed. I have been swirling my Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush in the bronzer and adding some much-needed colour to my pale skin.

My eyebrows have quickly become the most important part of my makeup routine and I couldn't live without the NYX Eyebrow Gel. I actually picked it up last summer and it has been my go-to since then! It has become one of my every day essentials for doing my brows. This is definitely a drugstore dupe of the Makeup Forever Aqua Brow and it is also completely waterproof. You will need a good make-up remover to get these eyebrows off and I love it! My look is not complete without filling my brows in with this product. It matches my hair perfectly and doesn't budge all day long.

I would definitely recommend these products, especially if you love a glowy complexion. I am going to try to post as much as I can on here and I will be attending the Estee Lauder warehouse sale and the L'Oreal Warehouse sale later this month, so stay tuned for my hauls from those. What are your current spring essentials or your new drugstore favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment