Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Weekend Purchases + the new NYX Canada store.

It's so hard to go a week and not pick up one or two beauty related items when you're a beauty hoarder like me. I didn't make it through unscathed this week. Even entering the grocery store is dangerous. That beauty department just calls out to me every time, especially the displays of new items! These are the items that somehow found a new home with me this week. I'm convinced they leapt into my cart. You have no proof otherwise!
A look inside the NYX Canada store at Square One

NYX Canada opened their first ever Canadian store this week in Square One in Mississauga. So close to me that it is dangerous! Of course I had to saunter into the store and take a peak, and you know I didn't leave empty handed. The grand opening was Thursday, October 29th and I went to the store early morning on Halloween. The store was still a little bit ravaged: missing testers and many products were sold out. But the store was gorgeous and I can't blame them for the state of the store. I heard how insane it was for the grand opening (which is exactly why I avoided it like the plague!) I still ended up leaving with the NYX Mascara Primer and the NYX HD Blush in Deep Plum.
I have limp, short eyelashes and am currently using the Lancome Cils Booster XL and I love it but I'm almost out. I would love to find a drugstore version, because I don't even buy high end mascaras. Fingers crossed. Lately I have been obsessed with warm-toned blushes. I swatched this blush and knew I needed it. It is a beautiful warm toned brown-plum colour with shimmer. The shimmer in this is so gorgeous and it actually reminds me of Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Petticoat (limited edition).

When I was at the grocery store, I picked up one staple and two newbies. I have mentioned the EOS shaving lotion before but I am still as loyal as ever to it. I have always hated shaving cream, but I love this shave lotion. It goes on like a moisturizer, protects against razor burn and is soothing on the skin. I also stumbled upon these new Joe Fresh face masks. They were only $2.00 and I love me a good face mask! In the winter months, my dry skin just gets worse. I find using a body oil before I moisturize really helps to lock in moisture. I really love the Palmers Cocoa Butter line, so I figured I would pick this up as well. Let's hope it keeps my skin baby smooth this winter.

What did you guys pick up this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of Juniper Bank. It is a direct bank located in Wilmington, Delaware
    https://myonlinebillpayments.org/

    ReplyDelete