Monday, March 28, 2016

Top Picks from Simons [new square one store]

I walked into the new Simons store at Square One this weekend and I wanted to buy all of the things! I had been to Simons once before in Quebec City and I remember loving it! I was so excited when I heard that they were opening a Simons in Square One. This is the first location outside of Quebec and it opened last week. As a company, they have a few brands like Twik (young and edgy), Icone (urban and dynamic) and Contemporaine (elegant and refined). Twik is the least expensive and definitely more my style. Whereas Icone and Contemoraine are a bit more pricey and have some more refined pieces. They also carry some higher end brands like Elizabeth and James, Diane von Furstenberg, etc.
I refrained from buying the whole store, however these are my top picks! Can we talk about these Pineapple Printed Shorts(1. $28 CAN, Twik)? They are so adorable and these flowy shorts come in 9 different patterns, mostly florals. Everything comes in the most adorable patterns, including these Taco Socks (2. $16). Also notice the Pineapple socks that match the pineapple shorts. I love nothing more than prints and patterns.

I didn't get a chance to try on any of the pants I saw (aren't pants such a mission to try on??). But these Extra Stretch Coloured Jeans (3. $45 CAN, Twik) are awesome. They come in 8 colours, which includes brights like this awesome teal and neutrals like black and beige. Hopefully they fit perfectly and I might have to pick up a few pairs. I live for coloured jeans and extra stretch. I also love these Polka Dot Skinny Jeans (4. $50, Twik). They look high waisted, which are the only jeans I will wear (hello love handles). I also love the light wash and subtle polka dot pattern for the spring and summer. Polka dots are my weakness.

This It Girl Fabulous Sweatshirt (5. $29.95, Twik) is one of the items that I went home with this weekend. I live for monochromatic and this is so parisienne chic. I have been on the hunt for a nice Denim Shirtdress (6. $58, Twik) for a few years. They are usually too expensive or I hate the wash. This one looks perfect and I love the grungy plaid shirt tied around the waist too. This Makeup Logo Blouse (7. $30, Twik) is obviously perfect for anyone reading this blog! I live for makeup and this is super cute. I love a nice white tee to go with all of the coloured denim I want to wear this summer! Finally, the last piece I picked up was this Je Parle Feministe tee (8. $40, La MontrĂ©alaise Atelier). It is totally overpriced but I don't regret it at all! I am a loud and proud feminist and this shirt is super cute. Usually all of the feminist shirts I want to purchase are online. Being able to pick something up in store is just easier. This slogan also comes on a pretty cute sweater. 

Honestly, Simons will be one of my go-to stores from now on. They have everything that you could need, from super classic styles and more edgy, on trend items. I'm obsessed. If you are in the area, I strongly urge you to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment