Wednesday, April 24, 2013

FOTD: Dangerous Lady

The other night I went out for drinks with some friends. It was a last minute decision and I had all of 15 minutes to look presentable. I had some no-makeup makeup on that I had been wearing all day.  This means no eyeshadow and no lipstick. I had no time to take my makeup off, so I had to build off of what I had. When I need to look put together but have no time, I opt for a bold lip and simple eye makeup. It is quick and makes you look put together.

Ignore my shower in the background (Blog newbie)

I added concealer and powder to complete my canvas. Then I used my Urban Decay Naked & Naked 2 palette's with some black liner for a super simple eye look. The star of the show is Mac Lady Danger lipstick. It is a bold, matte orange-red lipstick. This is the kind of colour that looks good on every skin tone. It's not too orange or warm so it suits cool toned skin as well as warm skin tones. I am a sucker for matte lips, even though my lips are as dry as the Sahara. This lipstick isn't too dry for me and matte's last forever on my lips. No touch-ups needed with this lippie. 

This red is almost neon and definitely makes you stand out in a crowd. I honestly couldn't rave enough about this lipstick. I haven't pulled this lipstick out of my stash since last summer, but I am so glad I did. This is my go-to red for spring and summer. It brightens my face and just makes me feel fierce (Tyra would be proud). Every girl needs a staple red in their life. If you're still looking, this might be it! What is your go to red lip?


Products Used
Face
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Bobbi Brown Corrector "Light Bisque"
Mac Studio Fix Concealer NW15
Mac MSF Natural "Light Plus"
NYC Sunny Bronzer
Mac MSF "Blonde"

Eyes
Mac Paint Pot "Painterly"
Urban Decay Sin and Tease
Mac Blanc Type 
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof
L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Waterproof
Marcelle Eyebrow Pencil "Blondine"

Lips
Mac Lady Danger


No comments:

Post a Comment