Sunday, May 5, 2013

Some "necessities" & my hunt for the perfect coral lip

I don't know about you guys, but no matter where I go I am drawn to the beauty department. It must be magnetized, pulling my lip ring right towards it. I was grocery shopping this past weekend and of course, stumbled upon a few "necessities" in the beauty department that I just couldn't pass up.


The actual necessities in this post are the Dove REFRESH+CARE Invitorating Dry Shampoo and the Midol Menstrual Extra Strength. The Midol speaks for itself. It is the only thing that gets me through that one week a month of horror, other than chocolate and potato chips (my guilty pleasure), of course! The Dove Dry Shampoo is fantastic. This dry shampoo has been so hard to get a hold of over the past few months that I had given up on its existence. I couldn't find it at Real Canadian Superstore or Walmart. I only found it at Shopper Drugmart once, but their prices tend to be much higher than the previous stores so I tend to steer clear if I can get products elsewhere. But I finally found this gem stocked on Superstore shelves again for the cheap price of $4.99 and I was ecstatic. I picked up a bottle and my greasy roots are no more. It's basically magic. 

I also picked up The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky because I saw it was 40% off. I haven't seen the movie yet and I am the kind of person that will always read the book before the movie. The book is always better and I don't want to read through a book knowing the ending. I just started it today because I have been obsessed with the Divergent book series by Veronica Roth. This series blew my mind and I finished both books (approx. 500 pages each) in under two weeks. For a slow reader like me, this is incredible!  The book is similar to The Hunger Games. It is set in a dystopia and has a female lead but it is also very different and very difficult to put down. If you loved the Hunger Games series, you will love this series as well, maybe even more. Just don't tell my girl Katniss that I said that! 


The Milani section in Superstore's has also been recently expanded to include the Colour Statement Lipsticks. I have been looking for the perfect coral colour for spring. I had settled on Limecrime's Geradium as the perfect coral for me. I then stumbled upon a lot of controversy surrounding Limecrime's practices, included threatening to sue bloggers who posted bad reviews (If you want to learn more, check out this timeline). This rubbed me the wrong way and I looked for a dupe instead.

I read that Milani "Flaming Pose" was a perfect dupe. It looks darker than Geradium and I would describe it as a bright pink coral. It is definitely not a dupe, but it is a beautiful colour for summer and spring. I think my problem is that I am cool-toned and most corals, which have orange undertones, are warm-toned. Finding something that matches my skin-tone but is also a pretty coral is turning out to be a nightmare.


This is what Geradium looks like. I have described it as the Saint Germaine of corals. It's light, it's very cool, pink-toned and it's super bright. It may also be a unicorn that doesn't actually exist in the real world. Who knows? But I am slowly giving up on my hunt for the perfect coral because it looks like I'm losing. I would love to find a coral that looks good on my pale, cool-toned skin. But this may be a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment