Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bathing Suit Picks 2013

Does anyone else hate bathing suit shopping? I don't know what it us about bathing suits but I feel like I never look good in them. I am completely content with the way I look in lingerie and undergarments, but bikini's are my kryptonite. I know it makes no sense, since they basically showcase the same body parts. But I know this is how many girls feel. I am short, curvy and have a little bit of tummy chub that I would rather not showcase to the world. Now that it is June and the weather is finally warming up I have begun my online hunt for the perfect bathing suit. I have always wanted to buy a one-piece suit but have never found anything in stores that didn't look like it belonged on an old-lady. You know those one-pieces with the skirts? Umm no thanks! Thank god for the internet. These are my top picks for fashionable and flattering one-pieces for beach weather.


1. Peridot Swimsuit ($70.23 at NastyGal.com): This is a classic retro-style black one-piece. It has a sweetheart neckline, which I am a sucker for, with a halter-style tie that undoes easily for no tan lines.

2. Byzantine Underwire One Piece ($169.25 at Anthropologie): For us small-breasted girls, nothing is better in a bathing suit than underwire. This swimsuit is adorable and I love the slimming pink belt and mixing patterns. Super chic. 

3. Vintage Stripe Marc by Marc Jacobs Swimsuit ($195.66 at Bloomingdales): The pattern on this suit is so flattering for all body types. The way it utilizes stripes is very slimming and I love the colours too!

4. Ruched Crossover Tank ($118 at J Crew): This is another simple yet flattering suit. Ruching on the bust is another great trick for us small-chested ladies. I also love the bright colour. If you're scared of bright colours, this suit also comes in black, gray and navy. And it comes with a removable halter-style strap to avoid a nip-slip and tan lines.

5. Bumblebee Dots ($89.99 at ModCloth.com): I love ModCloth for retro pieces. If you can't tell by this post, I'm obsessed with retro-style everything and ModCloth is one of the best places for it. If you are curvy, everything will be figure flattering for you. And they also have a great plus-sized section. But seriously, how can you beat yellow with black polka dots? Perfection. 

6. Motel 50's Style Halter Swimsuit ($62.79 at Asos.com): Again, I love the colour of this suit and the way it utilizes colour-blocking to create that slimming silhouette. The details around the bust that looks like a little collar is divine!

Since retro-style suits are very trendy this year, you can also find a suit that covers your tummy chub and shows off your mid-drift at the same time. I hope high-waisted never goes out of style! My body was made for it! These are my top picks for the most adorable, trendy and figure-flattering bikini's on the market today. (Hint: Three of them are from ModCloth!). I also love that all of these bikini tops have underwire in them to make my chest look like I actually have one.



1. Kicking it on the Coast Reversible Bikini ($144.99 for the Top and $89.99 for the Bottoms at ModCloth.com): This bikini is super expensive and also adorable. Both the top and bottom are reversible. One side has a sailor print on it and the other is blue and white vertical stripes. With mix-and-matching this is basically four bikini's in one!

2. Seasons of the Sun Bikini ($49.99 for the Top and $39.99 for the Bottoms at ModCloth.com): It's a teeny weeny yellow polka-dot bikini! I love these longer-style tops. Something about them is so trendy and flattering. And these bottoms are super-high-waisted so it only shows a small part of your mid-section.

3.  Dotty Kathy Bikini ($29.95 for Top and Bottoms at Anthropologie): Red with polka-dots is so classic and I love that this suit is a muted coral instead. It adds a unique twist to the suit but still remains very classic. Polka dots are my favourite colour!

4. Block Party Bikini ($40.13 for the Top and the Bottoms at NastyGal.com): I love the colour-blocking on this bikini and the longer-style top again. These bottoms are more of a regular-rise than being high-waisted. I find that most bikini bottoms are super low-rise and are too prone to a wardrobe malfunction for me. These are more modern but will still cover all that you need covered. 

5. Seafolly Rococo Rose Bikini ($131 on Amazon.com for the Top): I absolutely adore this print and this top in general. The bottoms are a perfect example of the too low-rise style that I wouldn't wear. But I think this top would look adorable with a solid bottom in a light blue, a navy or a coral. 

6. Fave Denim Swimmies Two Piece ($118.99 at ModCloth.com): This bikini is so adorable. It looks like denim and the buttons are little daisy's. Too cute. I love that stitching details and little white ruffles around the edges. The bottoms are another super high-waist style and they are almost a boyshort which is a cute detail.

Now I just have to figure out how to narrow down these twelve suits to something more like two. As you can tell, I am obsessed with retro styles. I think retro styled bathing suits are perfection and unlike the itsby, bitsy, teeny, weeny bikini's that are all over Victoria Secret these days, these actually suit a real woman's figure. Sorry, but I can't give up french fries, not even for a bikini body. 

How do you guys feel about retro bathing suits? Do you think you could pull one off? And which one should I buy?!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Very informative post regarding bathing suit..

    Thanks for sharing

    Canadian Bathing Suit


    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and very good informative post regarding high waist bikini.. Keep sharing for this..


    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information.

    High Waist Bikini


    ReplyDelete