Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Annabelle TwistUp Retractable Eyeshadow Crayons [review]

The Annabelle TwistUp Retractable Lipstick Crayons were a huge hit this past year. Everything in pencil form has really become a trend. Since the Lip Crayons did so well it only makes sense that Annabelle decided to expand this range to eyeshadows. Their TwistUp Retractable Eyeshadow Crayons launched at the beginning of February and when I stumbled upon the display I had to try them out. I am obsessed with cream and pencil eyeshadows.


I picked up the shades Taupe and Indigo. For some reason I feel the need to own every taupe eyeshadow on the planet and this was no exception. This is your standard medium-toned taupe and reminds me a lot of the Sephora 12H Waterproof Jumbo Liner in Taupe (at almost half the price!). The Indigo shade I wouldn't actually describe as an indigo. It is more of a light pastel blue. These shadow sticks are very creamy and blend easily. The application is sheer but buildable. I found that the taupe shade worked very well, while Indigo applied a little patchy. Some good blending and reapplication helped this a bit but not completely. This shade would probably work better as a base than on its own. Taupe worked beautifully on its own.

These shadows wore for about 6-7 hours without a base before they creased. I have extremely crease-prone lids so this is fantastic for my eyelids. They do not claim to be crease-proof but do say they will last for up to 10 hours. For someone with more normal to dry lids these would probably be crease-proof for 10 hours without a base. They held up very nicely on me and with a base they did last the entire day without creasing or moving. These are the kind of shadows that once they are set, they aren't budging.

 
These eyeshadow crayons retail for $9.95 and are a new permanent item. The shadow range is a very interesting colour selection. The eyeshadows come in 6 shades of neutrals and some light pastel colours. They are all very wearable shades.  Annabelle also has Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencils in their range. I own the shade Melonade and just hope that these new Retractable crayons do not kick the Smoothie Pencils out of the line. The shade selection is different enough between the two products that I believe that they will be able to live harmoniously next to eachother on the shelf. They are both great pencil eyeshadows.

I definately enjoy these eyeshadow pencils and would recommend checking them out. Annabelle is a Canadian company but they do ship to the US on their website. Look out for these shadows hitting stores this month. Let me know how the other shades worked out for you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment