Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sick Skincare Saviours!

The worst part of being sick, other than feeling like you're on death's doorstep, is looking like you just rolled out of a grave. Once you finally drag yourself out of bed, the last thing you want is everyone telling you that you look horrible. When you're sick your body is full of viruses, your not eating well or drinking as much water as you should be and it takes a huge toll on the appearance of your skin. I was sick earlier this month and these were my skincare saviours.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream: This is a miracle cream. It's a thick orange-coloured gel that is super moisturizing. I feel like it is almost more than a moisturizer. It really helps to heal my skin. I use this as a moisture mask overnight when I feel like my skin needs a little something extra. It really transforms your skin and makes it plump and healthy again by morning. I can also use this on my super dry and cracked lips and around the dry skin on my nose to soothe it and get it back to normal. The Origins Drink Up Moisture mask is also an amazing moisturizing mask for overnight.

Vaseline: This is an oldy but a goody. When your sick everything gets dry and cracked. You can only breathe through your mouth and you blow your nose constantly. It makes your nose and lips extremely dry and crusty-looking. I use this as well as my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream for moisturizing these areas and it really helps. This is like the cheaper alternative to the Elizabeth Arden.

Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Mask: I feel like purging my pores after I'm sick is the best way to get my skin back to its normal state. What I love most about this mask is that you can see it working. It goes on a dark grey colour and dries lighter. You can see all of the pores it purged in the picture below. I love being able to see it work its magic. This would also work really well as a spot-treatment on problem area's like the nose instead of doing the whole face.


Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick: This is a great lip chap for super chapped lips. It smells and tastes like cocoa and is extremely moisturizing (do you see a trend here?). At one point while I was sick my lips were cracking and they were in so much pain. I applied this repeatedly for a day and my lips were good as new by the end of it. I just find this easier to carry around and apply than Vaseline because of the consistency and packaging. Definitely a little miracle in a tube.

These four products saved my skin after I was sick. Even while I was getting over my cold I was able to look like a normal person once again. Being sick is the worst, but looking sick sucks just as bad. Hope this helps you guys. Let me know your secrets for healthy looking skin when your sick!


1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better! That GlamGlow is LIFE. Love it. Wish it wasn't that bloody expensive. That vaseline saved my nose from peeling off from all the tissue I went through.

    ReplyDelete