Monday, February 24, 2014

NARS Narsissist Eyeshadow Palette [review]

I have been eyeing the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette since Christmas but the second I saw pictures of the Nars Narsissist palette, I knew I need it even more. Nars has decided to dip their toes into the trend of neutral eyeshadow palettes and this one is breathtakingly perfect. This palette comes with 15 gorgeous neutral shades. It is basically a best-of palette for Nars. 14 of the shades are permanent from singles and duos, with one limited edition shade from the Guy Bourdin collection.
 
 

The palette comes with the perfect balance of warm, neutral and cool toned shades. This palette will work with every skintone imaginable. Most of the eyeshadows have a gorgeous shimmer/sheen to them but the palette also comes with 5 beautiful matte shades. Each eyeshadow contains 0.03g or 1oz of product. The palette retails for $85C, so each eyeshadow works out to $5.66 each. The palette is encased in the standard matte black packaging that Nars is known for. It is gorgeous, but also gets dirty very easily. The packaging is the same size as the packaging for the Nars Blush palette's. It fits in the hand easily and is much shorter than the naked palette.

 Nars Narsissist Palette (top) and the Nars Danmari Blush Palette (bottom)
 Nars Narsissist Palette (top) and the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (bottom)

My biggest issue with the packaging is that there are no eyeshadow names. Since this palette is full of Nars favourites, I would think you would want to include their names. That way if I run out of an eyeshadow, I can easily go to the store and pick it up from the permanent range. As you can see blow, the Danmari blush palette has the name of the palette as well as names for each of the blush shades. This palette has no indication of any shade names. I have listed them below beneath the swatches, but it just drives me crazy. I am the kind of makeup junkie that wants to know the name of everything she puts on her face. I know this isn't a huge deal but every other high end brand that puts out a neutral eyeshadow palette has included the names of the shades. I just think it is an oversight on Nars' behalf and it drives me slightly insane.

 Back of the Nars Narsissist Palette & the Danmari Blush Palette

The eyeshadows themselves are gorgeous. The shimmers apply beautifully to the skin. I have used every colour in this palete in some way, shape or form. I think all of the colours are flattering and they all blend beautifully. When swatched the matte's can seem a little patchy, but they blend pretty well on the eyelid. I haven't had any issues using them. Overall I am very pleased with the quality of this palette. I have never tried any Nars eyeshadows before and I am very impressed with the texture and pigmentation. They perform beautifully. I love that this palette has a great shade selection, which includes warm and cool tones.  This palette has also has a nice selection of light, medium and dark shades. They works well to create daytime looks, smokey looks and anything you could possibly imagine.

 Row 1: All About Eve #1, Madrague #2, Fez, Bali and Coconut Grove

Row 2: Madrague #1, Nepal, Ashes to Ashes, Brousse #2 and Mekong 

Row 3: Bellissima #1, Lhasa, Bad Behaviour (limited edition), Dogon #2 and Pandora #2

I think this palette is absolutely perfect! It is pricier than the Naked palettes, but you are getting three extra eyeshadows and I think this palette has a wider variety of shades than the Naked palettes. Obviously, if you own a lot of Nars eyeshadow singles and duos, this palette will be a waste of money. But if you are like me and you want to try out some of Nars best and brightest, this is the palette for you. This palette will be perfect for travel and will get some serious wear over the next few months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment